Tuesday, January 8, 2008

THE CARPENTER'S WOOD



THE CARPENTER’S WOOD
By Wilson Ninofranco Guntang

I once stood on this earth
Where my feet formerly embracing its fertility
Cut-off for the reason I don’t know why
As if I was being prepared for a great feast

Clusters of questions but no answer would dare to appear
Piled with my own kind, my dying body has now been reserved
Alas, my long wait is over and they had already chosen me
I was then turned-over to a man whose clothes were stained red

Going to a destination I do not know where
While journeying with my agonizing Master
A man from Cyrene was forced to help my Owner’s burden
Still startled by the eyes that has been staring

And now, our venture was over
I was for a while separated from my Master
I laid my torso on a place called the Skull
To be united once more with the Man of such endurance

Battering hammer on each piercing nails
He swallowed the extreme pain of the flesh-penetrating torment
Intimacy bonded us with nails and blood
Humiliated and mocked by the surrounding which I cannot understand

With a loud cry, my beloved Master breathed last
In a sudden, nature groans like a fallen satellite
Then heaven curtains it’s sympathy over the earth
And the earth rumbles in distress for the death of a loved One

It was over, or so I thought it was
In death comes life like a flower that blooms in spring time
Atonement has now come, and ripples of merriment has been restored
And for those who groaned, hope has appeared from the grave on the third day

I’m just an instrument of this prophetic fulfillment
To usher reason for those soul-seeking purpose
A piece of wood I am slowly drifted by time
To tell the greatest story of love and the redemption of our crime


Silver-tongued Poet
04.04

No comments: